MAKE A SUGGESTION

We want to hear from you.

We’re sure that Barrie residents have many great ideas for their City. This is the best place to express and share those ideas with your community. Let’s get the conversations started!

HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1 Enter your idea below and check to see if your suggestion has already been made; if it has, give it your vote and/or comment.
Step 2 If your suggestion has not already been added to this forum, post it!
Step 3 Once a suggestion reaches 500 votes, it will be noted as Under Review.
  1. More **** and scoop bags in parks

We need biodegradable **** and scoop bags in and around city parks and facilities. Also the addition of garbage bins for them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase bus frequency to Georgian college

You should increase the frequency of buses to georgian college. Especially at johnson at georgian because some student doesn't get room in the bus so driver have to leave them. And at that stop only 8A stops so it gets almost full from before stations so we are facing problems. If it's possible add an stop of 100 at johnson at Georgian.

Thank you

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. City’s Beach Workout and Calisthenics Designated Area

All athletes will be able to promote a healthy lifestyle by using the first in the Simcoe County designated outdoors workout space. Pull up and push up bars is everything that is needed. It does not cost much to promote a healthier community and lifestyle. In other words cheap to build and maintain this equipment.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Repave the trail around the waterfront.

Existing asphalt trail is in poor condition for kids on scooters, rollerblading, skateboarding and in some section poor for even walking or riding a bike.

This is a very well used trail and should be maintained at a higher level.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Put property taxes on hold during covid 19

Covid 19 has stopped most of Barrie from doing business of any sort . please forgive our property taxes until this nightmare has ended .

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Smart cards for Barrie transit

When transit becomes paid again there taking away ride cards temporary. They should get the cards like the simcoe linx or the presto cards like the go transit uses. You can load your bus pass on it or if you like me and have $60 a month for the bus and I could load it and it gets automatically deducted when the card is scanned. And you get a slight discount for using the card versus using cash

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support our community

Create a list of:
    1. locally owned businesses
    2. locally manufactured/products
    3. local businesses that revest in the community or community charities

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the overnight parking time from 12-7 to 2-7

It does not seem fair that people who are visiting a residence past 12:00am run the risk of getting a ticket for parking on the street overnight. These people are not staying on the street overnight, and it is not unreasonable for a gathering to run past midnight, especially during the Christmas/New Year holidays. A 2:00am start time is much more reasonable and fair.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Close all stores by 3pm during covid19. People are not taking this crisis serious and are out all hours of the day.

Even grocery stores need to close to restock and clean. People are not getting it. They are not staying home.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change the walk signal going south to the train station at the corner of Tiffin and Lakeshore.

Currently the crosswalk signal comes on after the advanced left turn. Often there are cars do not stop to let walkers go across or those that do stop jeopardize being rear ended by someone try to go through the light. I did they Can’t see the crosswalk signal clearly or they are ignoring it.This is a serious danger to pedestrians at that corner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Business responsible for the garbage produced by thier clients.

We need a by law that mandates garbage bins be made available for clients at all fast food and garbage creating businesses.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Anti Karen law

In a climate of #blm and #defundthepolice. We need an anti Karen law. Karen’s are not just a privileged person. They’re very dangerous to our community. Draining our resources and put our law enforcememt in harms way, where situations escalate. Our police should not be attending neighborhood disputes, noise complaints, people whining about out of towners leaving trash, speeders and the list goes on and on. While clog up our emergency lines, real calls go unanswered. A fine attached to a frivolous call is what is needed. Any time someone tries to complain about something so frivolous they get charged…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. waterfront over crowding

just a thought ...with all the people coming up from outside of Barrie could you not call back workers that were let go due to covid and have them man the parking lots and only let Barrie resident in, or patrol the playgrounds that are being used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Speeding on Blake street.

I live in a townhouse complex on Blake street, next to the Banquet hall. The people speeding here in a 40 km zone is frightening. Around us, we have schools, old age care centers, low cost housing, kids playing, people walking there dogs etc. like I said, the speed is scary! I know that speedbumps won’t work, but at least put up a couple of “ your speed....” signs. Something terrible is going to happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. That College Heights Park become Barrie's next great forest reserve!

After consulting the Barrie Ward 1 Community Board, I've decided to enter in the following suggestion:

• College Heights Park is ~1.7 acres, northeast of Duckworth Plaza with Bernick Drive forming a ring around it. As one bikes, walks or drives east on Bernick from Duckworth, a view of the park opens up showing a mostly dry, barren field. A playground sits on the northwest corner.

• Because the park is not designed for group sport activities and is not a busy park, I'm suggesting it be densely planted with saplings to become a beautiful forest over the coming decades.

• In the…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better signs for no parking if not barrie resident

The parking lot at Centennial beach/park that is only for barrie residents should have clear signage that indicate that if you are not a barrie resident you will be ticketed. The day I visited I could see that the parking meters were covered I therefore assumed that parking was free as it was a holiday and there where no other signs. Even when I walked up to the meter the front of the meter had not signs. When I got back to my car I had a ticket. Parking restrictions should be clearly indicated with signes. When I when back…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Traffic Lights going up Mulcaster at Collier too long mulcaster busy street now not Collier.

Cars uphill reeve while waiting for light to change as mad then so loud. Motorcycles that are loud should be given tickets

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reduce speed zone on Adelaide St

The current speed limit along Adelaide St, especially at the sharp corner in front of the townhouses (52 Adelaide St) is too fast. It should be reduced, speed limit signs posted AND more strictly enforced by police. Numerous people are seen driving what appears to be fast (current speed limit is too fast for the sharp turn) around the corner and having to drive on the wrong side of the street to "straighten the bend".
    Though people can park on the one side of the street along Adelaide including this corner, people do not park on the street along the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MAKE A SUGGESTION

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base