I suggest the City ...

Parking Nightmare/Safety Concern on roads near schools

I would like to file a complaint about excessive cars parked on Shelly Lane between Frost Trail and Anne Street everyday between 3-4pm. I have a Son who attends the elementary school there and Principal has informed the parents to park there instead of the parking lot which is 'Closed' however, this creates a massive safety issue as you cannot properly see approaching traffic, cars often pull out without signalling properly, children cross without looking and the road is narrowed to one lane with the crosswalk blocked several times. I do not feel safe allowing my Son to walk to school by himself or even crossing the road there myself or with him as a result. Is there anyway to advise the Principal of PVP that this is a dangerous practice and deter the parents from doing this as they are now starting to park on my Street Scott Crescent blocking several of my neighbour's driveways as well. I fear that a child may get injured as I have seen many near accidents here (including a near head on) and that the road will not be properly plowed in the winter due to the excess vehicles. Please do something to ensure this situation is properly handled, Sincerely a concerned parent.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Concerned Parent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lol “concerned parent” yet you won’t walk with your own child and blame drivers. The drivers aren’t the problem. It’s you. If you don’t like it then talk to the school to open up their parking

Feedback and Knowledge Base