MAKE A SUGGESTION

We want to hear from you.

We’re sure that Barrie residents have many great ideas for their City. This is the best place to express and share those ideas with your community. Let’s get the conversations started!

HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1 Enter your idea below and check to see if your suggestion has already been made; if it has, give it your vote and/or comment.
Step 2 If your suggestion has not already been added to this forum, post it!
Step 3 Once a suggestion reaches 500 votes, it will be noted as Under Review.
  1. To not have a limited number of votes on this forum.

bruh. How are we supposed to get issues we care about to 500 votes is we have a limited amount of votes? I can't have a limited amount of improvements I want to see in the city! Also how can you vote multiple times? What does that even mean? I guess if I REALLY care about something lol. You had one job. AND I NEED TO VOTE FOR MY OWN SUGGESTION ISN'T SUGESSTING A VOTE. bruh.
    edit I FOUND A LOOP HOLE!!!! USE ALT ACCOUNTS!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the minimum distance for school buses.

I have to walk 2.5 km to get to high school and I don't get a school bus. I need to pay for the city bus in the winter and now it doesn't even get me close enough to be on time for class. Also why are student fares so expensive? If the city was thinking of having a city bus free for the high school student bus kids WHY WASN'T IT FREE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ALL ALONG. peace out uwu.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Streetlights on Huronia rd between Mapleview and Loon Ave.

This stretch of road is narrow and wooded on either side. There is no sidewalk, only a narrow beaten path along the sloped shoulder.
    On numerous occasions driving through here at night, pedestrians walk along the road. Often people are not thinking and wear dark colours and are barely visible. This is only a matter of time before someone is hit by a vehicle here. With the development of both Mapleview and Huronia, pedestrian traffic has only been greatly increasing over the last few years.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Preserve the Barrie Collingwood Railway

The Meaford Subdivision and Beeton Spur, collectively known as the "Barrie-Collingwood Railway" is currently under threat of abandonment and removal. I am currently suggesting that even if rail service is suspended on the line it should be preserved for future use, weather it be freight service or passenger service. As of writing this the City of Barrie is expected to grow by over 100,000 people over the next 20-30 years, with the surrounding communities and other cities in the County of Simcoe. With this our transit and shipping needs will grow greatly which these rails and/or the corridors they currently…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop signs at the intersection of Madelaine and Country Lane

People speed down Madelaine and there are multiple schools in the area. This is a subdivision filled with small children and families. Someone will die if no action is taken, and it will be your fault as it's your ward and this is not the first time you've been contacted about this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Install pickle ball nets asap!

We need outdoor exercise in Covid so having more pickle ball courts and installing nets earlier than normal would be great.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ban photo radar

Photo radar is illegal. This is because the owner of a car is not always the driver. Is the car a fleet vehicle, a lease, what if it’s an actual emergency vehicle? Photo radar cannot tell the difference. This is why it cannot go against your points or your insurance. Instead those who are wealthy will continue to ignore it while those trying to get by will be wrongfully “fined”.

It also disrupts traffic and causes a far more dangerous situation.

Photo radar cannot tell the flow of traffic. If you’re going up hill or down or how many cars…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ban people from outside simcoe county while there area is in “red” or lockdown. Why should this area have to deal with consequences of the

It will cost this area. Ie hospital beds being full, when virus spreads exponentially We will be in lockdown for Christmas when we should be on the other side of the curve

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Slow internet needs attention!

Please improve the poor internet service within Barrie.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Proof of address required for use of City recreational areas.

I believe we have been having far too many visitors from Toronto and York Region making use of Barrie's outdoor recreational facilities.

Aa a resident, I have avoided many of these locations due to overcrowding.

Should Barrie residents who are not sick be forced to self isolate in order to allow out of towners to monopolize OUR amenities???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Signs for hidden driveway at corner of st vincent and cundles rd e. Complete stop on right hand turn

Drivers do not stop before making a right hand turn , also blocking driveway.Very dangerous for pedestrions. Standing waiting to cross .also cars from exiting or
    Entering driveway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Permanently pedestrianize Dunlop Street

As a city we lack spaces for pedestrians and with Dunlop being our main road though the heart of downtown, I feel could make for an excellent pedestrian mall (for those that don't know, a pedestrian mall is a street that is permanently closed off to motor traffic, and are found all over the world. From London, to even here in Canada). While the city has certainly done a good job at making it a nicer place (the recent redesign, closing it to vehicles on certain days in the summer). In my honest opinion it doesn't go far enough. I…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spray our trees with BTK

The citizens of Barrie are fighting a losing battle to save our trees against gypsy moth caterpillars. People are covered in blisters and downing antihistamines to treat allergic reactions. Many of us can't go outside while the eggs are hatching.

Please order arial spraying of BTK for our trees.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

MAKE A SUGGESTION

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base