MAKE A SUGGESTION

We want to hear from you.

We’re sure that Barrie residents have many great ideas for their City. This is the best place to express and share those ideas with your community. Let’s get the conversations started!

HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1 Enter your idea below and check to see if your suggestion has already been made; if it has, give it your vote and/or comment.
Step 2 If your suggestion has not already been added to this forum, post it!
Step 3 Once a suggestion reaches 500 votes, it will be noted as Under Review.

I suggest the City ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. fix the ligth in herite park

please fix the ligth in the parking lot in the parking lot corner mulcaster and simcoe

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reduce congestion in Mapleview/ Bryne to Bayview area by enforcing the existing gridlock laws and prohibiting right turns on red lights.

Those of us who try to wait before entering an intersection on a green light to avoid causing gridlock are usually frustrated by those who take that opportunity to make a right turn on their red light ultimately causing traffic congestion anyway. I witnessed an officer pull into an intersection when this happened with lights on and ticketed one of the drivers causing the congestion. People in other cars were applauding and giving the thumbs up to the officer. Instead of raising taxes again and looking for expensive options for this area, several 'no right turns on a red' signs…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Evening adult hockey opportuniteis

During the fall winter season there were up to 6 different opportunities to play in the evening at different facilities. Wed evening at East Bayfield and Saturday evening at Allandale are very popular. Please don't stop them during the summer. The alternative day times are not suitable for most adults that work 8am-6pm M-F.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bayfield exit from highway 400 south needs a separate right turning lane

Traffic from the Bayfield exit from the 400 south backs up right onto the highway because of one silly stop light. This intersection needs a separate right turning lane to keep traffic moving as well as an advanced turn left. This is one of the busiest streets in the city coming off a busy highway. It needs addressing

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 188 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please be reminded that the the deadline to apply for appointment to the new Sports Events/Facilities Advisory Committee is Thursday, March 29, 2018.

At City Council’s March 5th meeting, the terms of reference for this committee were approved by Council. One of the committee’s mandates is to consider new competitive, elite facilities, along with new major sports events and tournaments. The advisory committee will be comprised of two members of City Council (Councillors Mike McCann and Doug Shipley) and five Barrie citizens with a background in sports and/or tourism. Tourism Barrie will be asked to participate in the advisory committee’s meetings.

Please visit www.barrie.ca/CommitteeVacancies for the full notice and application details.

6. Monitor to ensure dogs aren't in parks

Many waterfront parks have dogs on the property and in the water despite signs prohibiting them. I've seen city workers out in the parks but no one enforcing what's posted on the signs. This creates hazards in our parks and waters, especially for children. Perhaps designate some non-waterfront parks for dogs and their walkers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How about a % discount for up front payment of total property taxes due each year?

Some of us can pay our whole muni tax property bill at first billing. how about a 5% break on the tax? would get more $$ in faster?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. pot holes

when city workers are filling pot holes on the streets they should tamp the asphalt down as they are filling or it will not last. Try a little work it won't hurt you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. waste

March. 16th at 10:53 dusting of snow and a plow out what a waste of tax payers money this city is terrible for wasting cash just too much spending.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fishing Pier complete with fish attracting habitat/structure off of Heritage Park in line with Mulcaster street

A fishing pier similar to those found throughout Florida. Artificial fish habitat/structure beneath the pier would greatly benefit the native fish population.
    This would be a fantastic attraction for fishermen, tourists, birders, photograpers and all people who enjoy Lake Simcoe. This would be unique to the City of Barrie and would add to the already world class waterfront.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Barrie Transit More reliable on weekends And Evenings for people who work for a living

I think Barrie transit should be more reliable all week, including weekends and evenings! This is very frustrating, as times collides, no one can get to work on time, you ca'nt plan your trip, because some buses do'nt run on the same time as others. I'm sure tons of other people working feel the same. Earlier departure times, regular service...get rid of this hourly service on evenings and sunday. And start running the buses regularily like other places. It's not fair to peole who work for a living, students getting to and from school. More consideration for the public would…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Restrict number of cars allowed to park on side streets in rental situations

More and more homes are being sold, renovated and used as rental properties. The principal owner doesn't live there. The number of tenants have so many cars that they park on the street in front of other peoples homes, not cool. In the past cars have run into on this street.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Establish resident only parking spots in boat launch areas.

On a summer weekend I, a resident of Barrie, often cannot launch my boat because all the parking spots are taken by visitors. I understand money is important to the city, but I pay my taxes here and should be able to launch my boat anytime. Innisfil has done it. Also the price of launching a boat and parking for a day is 45$. That frees up some parking spots as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Collier Street Parkade

In an effort to bring some colour and potential livelihood to the downtown scene in Barrie. I am suggesting a mural be painting on the side of the Collier Street parkade.
    There is a canadian artist by the name of Ola Volo, she has been all around Canada and made her mark. She brings so much to her pieces that I think she could do one for Barrie people would really appreciate.
    https://www.olavolo.com/ola is her website.
    Not trying to exclude local talents, but wanted to post the idea in the event that it hasn't been suggested before.
    Let's bring some…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allocate resources to Keep the downtown core clean

The downtown core, especially Dunlop street, has a lot to offer visitors but the sidewalks and gutters are consistently covered in dirt, cigarette butts, and garbage. It does not make it a desirable place to walk, to shop or to eat. If we cannot train people to pick up after themselves then we need a regular street cleaning service to keep the street clean and attractive. The core is the heartbeat of this city. If it looks like **** it is a poor reflection on this city.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update the Household Hazardous Waste Webpage to Remove Misleading Information

This page on household hazardous waste contains symbols from a mix of HHPS and WHMIS. Household hazardous products should be classified, by law, under HHPS - the WHMIS symbols mixed in here are very misleading.
    https://www.barrie.ca/Living/GarbageAndRecycling/Pages/HouseholdHazardousWaste.aspx

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have officers patrolling waterfront area on weekends handing out tickets for polluting.

I have noticed on weekends there is a lot of garbage strewn on the ground in our beautiful waterfront areas and on the rocks by the jetty! Perhaps, the city could invest in more garbage cans, so the existing garbage cans will not be overflowing on a busy weekend: Secondly, perhaps undercover officers could lay polluting charges to the offenders and set a precedence, that polluting on our newly beautified waterfront is frowned upon and illegal. I don't enjoy going to our downtown waterfront on a weekend, as it ticks me off to see how disgusting, lazy, and ignorant people…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Start volunteer programs to take seniors out to city events

So many seniors are alone, so many events are happening in our beautiful city. Why not organize outings with those who can't make it out on their own. Maybe a bus could pick them up and volunteers can help with this and getting them back home.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow residential pass parking at the marina parking lot for the winter months or atleast during winterfest.

The marina is closed during winter months and the parking lot sits empty. It should be open to residential passes at this time. It is hard for young children and seniors to get around during these snowbound times.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MAKE A SUGGESTION

Feedback and Knowledge Base