MAKE A SUGGESTION

We want to hear from you.

We’re sure that Barrie residents have many great ideas for their City. This is the best place to express and share those ideas with your community. Let’s get the conversations started!

HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1 Enter your idea below and check to see if your suggestion has already been made; if it has, give it your vote and/or comment.
Step 2 If your suggestion has not already been added to this forum, post it!
Step 3 Once a suggestion reaches 500 votes, it will be noted as Under Review.
  1. Stop using the Barrie Advance to distribute the City of Barrie Calendar

The Barrie Advance can not guarantee to the door delivery and for most of us only get it thrown on our driveways.
    I have had to stop delivery because I have someone clear the snow from my driveway and I do not want these haphazardly thrown newspapers wrecking their equipment.
    Can the city switch delivery methods? Hire a charity to deliver the calendars or use (I hate to say it) Canada Post.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. create outdoor bonfires in city parks this winter to facilitate outdoor distanced visiting.

So many residents are using city parks for distanced outdoor visits. As the weather becomes colder, wouldn't it be great if the city would consider offering bonfires in a couple of parks (as it done at Snow Valley and Horseshoe Valley) so that people could continue this in spite of the increasing cold?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ban people from outside simcoe county while there area is in “red” or lockdown. Why should this area have to deal with consequences of the

It will cost this area. Ie hospital beds being full, when virus spreads exponentially We will be in lockdown for Christmas when we should be on the other side of the curve

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ban photo radar

Photo radar is illegal. This is because the owner of a car is not always the driver. Is the car a fleet vehicle, a lease, what if it’s an actual emergency vehicle? Photo radar cannot tell the difference. This is why it cannot go against your points or your insurance. Instead those who are wealthy will continue to ignore it while those trying to get by will be wrongfully “fined”.

It also disrupts traffic and causes a far more dangerous situation.

Photo radar cannot tell the flow of traffic. If you’re going up hill or down or how many cars…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change the walk signal going south to the train station at the corner of Tiffin and Lakeshore.

Currently the crosswalk signal comes on after the advanced left turn. Often there are cars do not stop to let walkers go across or those that do stop jeopardize being rear ended by someone try to go through the light. I did they Can’t see the crosswalk signal clearly or they are ignoring it.This is a serious danger to pedestrians at that corner.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. lost an

place to regain lost items property

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Speeding on Blake street.

I live in a townhouse complex on Blake street, next to the Banquet hall. The people speeding here in a 40 km zone is frightening. Around us, we have schools, old age care centers, low cost housing, kids playing, people walking there dogs etc. like I said, the speed is scary! I know that speedbumps won’t work, but at least put up a couple of “ your speed....” signs. Something terrible is going to happen.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. City’s Beach Workout and Calisthenics Designated Area

All athletes will be able to promote a healthy lifestyle by using the first in the Simcoe County designated outdoors workout space. Pull up and push up bars is everything that is needed. It does not cost much to promote a healthier community and lifestyle. In other words cheap to build and maintain this equipment.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the minimum distance for school buses.

I have to walk 2.5 km to get to high school and I don't get a school bus. I need to pay for the city bus in the winter and now it doesn't even get me close enough to be on time for class. Also why are student fares so expensive? If the city was thinking of having a city bus free for the high school student bus kids WHY WASN'T IT FREE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ALL ALONG. peace out uwu.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To not have a limited number of votes on this forum.

bruh. How are we supposed to get issues we care about to 500 votes is we have a limited amount of votes? I can't have a limited amount of improvements I want to see in the city! Also how can you vote multiple times? What does that even mean? I guess if I REALLY care about something lol. You had one job. AND I NEED TO VOTE FOR MY OWN SUGGESTION ISN'T SUGESSTING A VOTE. bruh.
    edit I FOUND A LOOP HOLE!!!! USE ALT ACCOUNTS!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. No-wait time program for substance use rehabilitation

Many people are concerned about the creation of a safe consumption/safe injection site in Barrie, so have an effective alternative. Create a low-barrier residential treatment program for substance use that has NO WAIT TIMES.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enforce the no parking in front of the schools on a more regular basis

The school boards should provide a round about pickup within their parking lots to allow students a safer way of being picked up. Too many children are walking out between parked cars and into the path of oncoming traffic in order to enter their parents' vehicles on the driver's side.
    Perhaps doing away with a boulevard in front of the schools and turning into a loading zone would create a far safer environment and would also enable a better flow of traffic. This has been done in States and proven to be successful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support our community

Create a list of:
    1. locally owned businesses
    2. locally manufactured/products
    3. local businesses that revest in the community or community charities

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. waterfront over crowding

just a thought ...with all the people coming up from outside of Barrie could you not call back workers that were let go due to covid and have them man the parking lots and only let Barrie resident in, or patrol the playgrounds that are being used.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Buses should be every half hour.

Buses should be every half hour or remain free until they fix this issue because there are still alot of people like myself that have to get to work. Why should we be forced to pay for Sunday service during the week? That's absolute ridiculousness

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rollerblading path. Would be great to have a place, path, oval, park etc. Need a new paved path.

Rollerblading path. We need a nice new smooth place within the city to rollerblade. The lakeshore path is ok. But too many sections have not been maintain and are not suitable for rollerblading. Recommends include repaving the areas on the bike path that need serious maintenance (a lot) or pave the walking path from ******* to Johnson’s beach or possible circling one of the bigger parks with a paved path, like sunnidale. Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I suggest that everyone just dose their part to make living in Barrie fun again

To much judging and hate in the world everyone needs to learn how to smile again

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use Base Borden as a testing site for Covid 19

Hello City of Barrie and Mayor’s Office:

Has any thought been given to using Base Borden as a testing site for Covid 19?

There has got to be an available facility/building/area that could be used for this purpose. Perhaps even 2 testing sites??
    I assume they have medical personnel that could be trained to do this testing.

This site is not being utilized at a time when more testing is necessary and there are simply not enough sites available.

What are the Mayor’s thoughts on this option?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. speed bumps needed

address Athabaska road, speed bumps needed

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The City launched a new interactive tool earlier this year for residents to suggest locations in Barrie where they would like to see speed cushions installed: https://bit.ly/BarrieSpeedCushions

Residents can use this application to submit a location, or “like” a location already submitted, for the City to consider putting a speed cushion in 2021. The City will collect submissions until November 13, 2020.

The submissions received from the public will be shared with Members of Council in January 2021 to help councillors decide where speed bumps should be placed in each ward in 2021.

Visit www.barrie.ca/traffic to learn more about the City’s traffic calming methods.

• Don't see your idea?

MAKE A SUGGESTION

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base