MAKE A SUGGESTION

We want to hear from you.

We’re sure that Barrie residents have many great ideas for their City. This is the best place to express and share those ideas with your community. Let’s get the conversations started!

HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1 Enter your idea below and check to see if your suggestion has already been made; if it has, give it your vote and/or comment.
Step 2 If your suggestion has not already been added to this forum, post it!
Step 3 Once a suggestion reaches 500 votes, it will be noted as Under Review.
  1. Close all stores by 3pm during covid19. People are not taking this crisis serious and are out all hours of the day.

Even grocery stores need to close to restock and clean. People are not getting it. They are not staying home.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Idling

On my way between Leacock to St. Vincent I stop at 6 or 7 lights all while driving at the speed limit. When I drive in Hamilton, Ontario many traffic lights are coordinated and can greatly reduce idling at a stop light. It also makes getting from point A to point B much more pleasant while reducing carbon footprint and eliminating speeding,

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Traffic Services staff monitor all major roadways daily to minimize traffic delays and disruption, using traffic signal software, video, and GPS technology to continuously monitor signals and flow along Barrie’s major arterial and collector routes. For more information please refer to “Traffic Monitoring” at http://www.barrie.ca/traffic

3. Renumber lockhart road back to the numbers Innisfil use. It is confusing delivery drivers and dangerous for first responders.

Just because your city computer system cannot handle Street numbers that are not contiguous is not a reason to make life difficult for humans.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. lost an

place to regain lost items property

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change the walk signal going south to the train station at the corner of Tiffin and Lakeshore.

Currently the crosswalk signal comes on after the advanced left turn. Often there are cars do not stop to let walkers go across or those that do stop jeopardize being rear ended by someone try to go through the light. I did they Can’t see the crosswalk signal clearly or they are ignoring it.This is a serious danger to pedestrians at that corner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expand On-Street Parking - Franks Way

I am a new homeowner here in Barrie, I now live on a relatively new street Franks Way just off of Burton in the South End. Between the stretch of 16 houses there is a small permitted area for on-street parking of 5 vehicles. Over the span of the several months living here this small area is CONSTANTLY full resulting in residents of this street and their guests parking in the "No Parking Area". Multiple neighbours have been issued tickets simply because their driveway is full and so is the very tiny area designated on the street itself.

This designated…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Business responsible for the garbage produced by thier clients.

We need a by law that mandates garbage bins be made available for clients at all fast food and garbage creating businesses.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Anti white privilage law

In a climate of #blm and #defundthepolice. We need an anti white privilage law. A w3hite privilege are not just a privileged person. They’re very dangerous to our community. Draining our resources and put our law enforcement in harms way, where situations escalate. Our police should not be attending neighborhood disputes, noise complaints, people whining about out of towners leaving trash, speeders, renters and what goes on in their properties and the list goes on and on. While clog up our emergency lines, real calls go unanswered. A fine attached to a frivolous call is what is needed. Any time…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Speeding on Blake street.

I live in a townhouse complex on Blake street, next to the Banquet hall. The people speeding here in a 40 km zone is frightening. Around us, we have schools, old age care centers, low cost housing, kids playing, people walking there dogs etc. like I said, the speed is scary! I know that speedbumps won’t work, but at least put up a couple of “ your speed....” signs. Something terrible is going to happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better signs for no parking if not barrie resident

The parking lot at Centennial beach/park that is only for barrie residents should have clear signage that indicate that if you are not a barrie resident you will be ticketed. The day I visited I could see that the parking meters were covered I therefore assumed that parking was free as it was a holiday and there where no other signs. Even when I walked up to the meter the front of the meter had not signs. When I got back to my car I had a ticket. Parking restrictions should be clearly indicated with signes. When I when back…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No-wait time program for substance use rehabilitation

Many people are concerned about the creation of a safe consumption/safe injection site in Barrie, so have an effective alternative. Create a low-barrier residential treatment program for substance use that has NO WAIT TIMES.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that resurfacing is in the long-range capital court resurfacing program that is reprioritized on an annual basis. The resurfacing is on hold as the site is being reviewed as a potential for conversion to a dedicated pickleball court. A staff report is required to go to council prior to March 31, 2021 regarding a city-wide pickleball strategy. We’ll notify re its availability via this suggestion.

Related webpages
    -————————————
    Council & Committees: https://bit.ly/3kdNs5t
    Agenda-Related Info: https://barrie.legistar.com/

13. Traffic Lights going up Mulcaster at Collier too long mulcaster busy street now not Collier.

Cars uphill reeve while waiting for light to change as mad then so loud. Motorcycles that are loud should be given tickets

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reduce speed zone on Adelaide St

The current speed limit along Adelaide St, especially at the sharp corner in front of the townhouses (52 Adelaide St) is too fast. It should be reduced, speed limit signs posted AND more strictly enforced by police. Numerous people are seen driving what appears to be fast (current speed limit is too fast for the sharp turn) around the corner and having to drive on the wrong side of the street to "straighten the bend".
    Though people can park on the one side of the street along Adelaide including this corner, people do not park on the street along the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Speed reduction on Hanmer St. This has become an extremely busy street which I don't think was to carry the volume that it does.

Hanmer St between St. Vincent and Bayfield has become extremely busy. I don't think it was meant to have the volume of traffic that it has. How about reducing speed limit and adding bike lane or making it a one way St. Lights were installed but they do nothing to reduce speed and volume instead people gun it to try and beat the light. There must be something that can be done, so resident can feel a little safer and enjoy a little more peace and quiet, thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rollerblading path. Would be great to have a place, path, oval, park etc. Need a new paved path.

Rollerblading path. We need a nice new smooth place within the city to rollerblade. The lakeshore path is ok. But too many sections have not been maintain and are not suitable for rollerblading. Recommends include repaving the areas on the bike path that need serious maintenance (a lot) or pave the walking path from ******* to Johnson’s beach or possible circling one of the bigger parks with a paved path, like sunnidale. Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I suggest that everyone just dose their part to make living in Barrie fun again

To much judging and hate in the world everyone needs to learn how to smile again

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use Barrie wastewater treatment burnoff to generate income

https://www.upstreamdata.ca/

using the burnoff to generate Bitcoin mining will generate revenue. No geek knowledge required.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Changing speed limit in Burton Avenu Alandale

50 kilometer per hour speed in BURTON Avenue from BAYVIEW TO ESSA ROAD way over the capacity of this road. The distance between those two light s not adequate enough for any car to reach to the speed and keep it for a reasonable distance.The result is lots of gas consomption ,break wear out and a lot of pollution, noise and ashfalt destruction and off course annoying neighborhood.
    Kindly please reconsider the situation and if you agree bring down the speed limit to 35 in order to be compatible with other roads and off course the real life.
    Regards Mohsen…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Signs for hidden driveway at corner of st vincent and cundles rd e. Complete stop on right hand turn

Drivers do not stop before making a right hand turn , also blocking driveway.Very dangerous for pedestrions. Standing waiting to cross .also cars from exiting or
    Entering driveway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MAKE A SUGGESTION

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base