MAKE A SUGGESTION

We want to hear from you.

We’re sure that Barrie residents have many great ideas for their City. This is the best place to express and share those ideas with your community. Let’s get the conversations started!

HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1 Enter your idea below and check to see if your suggestion has already been made; if it has, give it your vote and/or comment.
Step 2 If your suggestion has not already been added to this forum, post it!
Step 3 Once a suggestion reaches 500 votes, it will be noted as Under Review.
  1. Outdoor washrooms in the winter

With Covid continuing, my friends and I want to meet outdoors throughout the winter. The one thing holding us back is the lack of washroom access in parks in winter. Even port-a-potties would be great! Please consider providing access to public outdoor washrooms so we can do our part to reduce the Covid curve in our area! Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for participating in the City’s suggestion forum. Please note the washrooms that currently remain open year-round:

The heated FAMILY washrooms at the Centennial Park building are open daily, 8am–5pm.

Southshore Community Centre’s externally-accessible heated washroom (near Allandale Station Park and Military Heritage Park) is open daily, 8am–5pm.

Hope this information is helpful!

www.barrie.ca/parks

2. Advertisement on Red signal

Hello, Barrie.
    I think, it would be great if city of Barrie place a big LED screen on busy traffic intersection, to show small commercials could make good amount of money for municipality, to promote the various business sectors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Proof of address required for use of City recreational areas.

I believe we have been having far too many visitors from Toronto and York Region making use of Barrie's outdoor recreational facilities.

Aa a resident, I have avoided many of these locations due to overcrowding.

Should Barrie residents who are not sick be forced to self isolate in order to allow out of towners to monopolize OUR amenities???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recreational Trail - Barrie Collingwood Railway

Repurpose the old tracks that are costing taxpayers money into a recreational trail that can run from Barrie and Collingwood connecting two of the best lifestyle cities. The trail can be for walking/running, biking and snowmobiling. It’s not feasible to keep these tracks operational unless the small amount of business’ using them contribute to the running costs. Transit is already being looked after through existing future projects so a recreational trail here would be the best option. There aren’t enough tourists/commuters going from Barrie to Collingwood to justify transit implementation.

Recreational trail would be the best thing for our city!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. mayor should have tik tok

Hi i just fwink it wud be willy cool if the mayor had a tik tok or youtube or somefwing idk. He could do wike charlie d'ammelio dances and 100 degree knwife challenge to coneect to the kids betteh and make him look less dead inside...idk...just a suggestion uwu

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change the minimum distance for school buses.

I have to walk 2.5 km to get to high school and I don't get a school bus. I need to pay for the city bus in the winter and now it doesn't even get me close enough to be on time for class. Also why are student fares so expensive? If the city was thinking of having a city bus free for the high school student bus kids WHY WASN'T IT FREE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ALL ALONG. peace out uwu.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Repave the trail around the waterfront.

Existing asphalt trail is in poor condition for kids on scooters, rollerblading, skateboarding and in some section poor for even walking or riding a bike.

This is a very well used trail and should be maintained at a higher level.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More **** and scoop bags in parks

We need biodegradable **** and scoop bags in and around city parks and facilities. Also the addition of garbage bins for them.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve the Barrie Skatepark

The Skatepark in Barrie at Queens Park is 20+ years old and in disrepair. The original design is outdated and not well executed. There are dangerous cracks throughout and the coping and transitions aren’t well designed or constructed. Barrie has a large population of skateboarders, scooters and bikers who would appreciate a more modern and less dangerous facility, with features compatible for the novice up to the expert.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stop using the Barrie Advance to distribute the City of Barrie Calendar

The Barrie Advance can not guarantee to the door delivery and for most of us only get it thrown on our driveways.
    I have had to stop delivery because I have someone clear the snow from my driveway and I do not want these haphazardly thrown newspapers wrecking their equipment.
    Can the city switch delivery methods? Hire a charity to deliver the calendars or use (I hate to say it) Canada Post.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. create outdoor bonfires in city parks this winter to facilitate outdoor distanced visiting.

So many residents are using city parks for distanced outdoor visits. As the weather becomes colder, wouldn't it be great if the city would consider offering bonfires in a couple of parks (as it done at Snow Valley and Horseshoe Valley) so that people could continue this in spite of the increasing cold?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ban people from outside simcoe county while there area is in “red” or lockdown. Why should this area have to deal with consequences of the

It will cost this area. Ie hospital beds being full, when virus spreads exponentially We will be in lockdown for Christmas when we should be on the other side of the curve

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ban photo radar

Photo radar is illegal. This is because the owner of a car is not always the driver. Is the car a fleet vehicle, a lease, what if it’s an actual emergency vehicle? Photo radar cannot tell the difference. This is why it cannot go against your points or your insurance. Instead those who are wealthy will continue to ignore it while those trying to get by will be wrongfully “fined”.

It also disrupts traffic and causes a far more dangerous situation.

Photo radar cannot tell the flow of traffic. If you’re going up hill or down or how many cars…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. lost an

place to regain lost items property

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Speeding on Blake street.

I live in a townhouse complex on Blake street, next to the Banquet hall. The people speeding here in a 40 km zone is frightening. Around us, we have schools, old age care centers, low cost housing, kids playing, people walking there dogs etc. like I said, the speed is scary! I know that speedbumps won’t work, but at least put up a couple of “ your speed....” signs. Something terrible is going to happen.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. City’s Beach Workout and Calisthenics Designated Area

All athletes will be able to promote a healthy lifestyle by using the first in the Simcoe County designated outdoors workout space. Pull up and push up bars is everything that is needed. It does not cost much to promote a healthier community and lifestyle. In other words cheap to build and maintain this equipment.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change the minimum distance for school buses.

I have to walk 2.5 km to get to high school and I don't get a school bus. I need to pay for the city bus in the winter and now it doesn't even get me close enough to be on time for class. Also why are student fares so expensive? If the city was thinking of having a city bus free for the high school student bus kids WHY WASN'T IT FREE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ALL ALONG. peace out uwu.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the minimum distance for school buses.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To not have a limited number of votes on this forum.

bruh. How are we supposed to get issues we care about to 500 votes is we have a limited amount of votes? I can't have a limited amount of improvements I want to see in the city! Also how can you vote multiple times? What does that even mean? I guess if I REALLY care about something lol. You had one job. AND I NEED TO VOTE FOR MY OWN SUGGESTION ISN'T SUGESSTING A VOTE. bruh.
    edit I FOUND A LOOP HOLE!!!! USE ALT ACCOUNTS!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MAKE A SUGGESTION

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base