I suggest the City ...

Eliminate buttons at traffic lights. Instead always have the 'walk' signal come on with the green light. this is much safer for pedestrians.

Eliminate buttons at traffic lights. Instead, have the 'walk' signal come on each time the light turns green. This would be much safer for pedestrians. So often I get to the light just before it turns green and press the button, but the 'walk' signal doesn't come on. I cross on the green light, but have had drivers yell at me that I should not be crossing. Also, the buttons are in inconvenient locations and I don't want to touch them as they are really dirty. Just have the 'walk' signal come on each time the light turns green. There are many pedestrians in Barrie, and this would improve safety.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joan Patton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about people with disabilities? The buttons are also there for them. If someone is blind they hold down the button and it makes a noise to allow them to know when to cross. Your suggestion would make the city far less accessible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base