I suggest the City ...

Create a dog park in the field at Archie Goodall park.

I would like to suggest the development of a leash free area for dogs. In the field at Archie Goodall park. This area is large, and vacant offering great potential for such a project. As well as being located in a residentiall area. With many families, and pet owners.
The current field could easily be dived into two sections. Continuing to offer an open play space for people, and families. Well also offering a social area for pets, and owners to enjoy. Dog parks offer a great opportunity for our four legged friends. To get exercise, and socialize with other animals. Well also providing pet owners with an opportunity to talk, and enjoy each others company. Which helps build strong community bonds.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rob Tapp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this would be a great idea as I hardly ever see anyone using this particular park among others. It would be nice to have it fenced in so that there is an area for dogs which cannot be off leash in a park near a road and people would know where to look out for doggie do do. I am in agreement that the Sunnidale park is more of a walking park, and not a place to socialize but to walk with your dog. It is a hassle when you live in the North end to go all the way to the South end to go to the park. Imagine if we had to do this with your child. While this is nice for some dog owners, I think dogs and dog owners would benefit from a few smaller fenced-in off-leash parks throughout the city much like parks for people. This would make it easier for people to use and would see the greenspace that is hardly being used right now being used more often.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s pretty much that already. Dogs can often be seen running freely and it’s not unusual to come home with feces tracked on your shoes.

• Angie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need an accessible dog park in the north end of Barrie. Sunnidale is not an option for many pet owners (safety issues as very remote area, steep inclines are not suitable for many seniors and others with mobility concerns.

Feedback and Knowledge Base