I suggest the City ...

remove all speed humps in Barrie, it is a waste of tax dollars paying someone to install them in spring and them remove them in the winter.

remove all speed humps in Barrie, it is a waste of tax dollars paying someone to install them in spring and them remove them in the winter.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark Edward LanningMark Edward Lanning shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EmmaEmma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And they are unnecessary due to the extreme amount of potholes in the roads anyways. On Rose street the speed humps are extremely unnecessary as I cannot go faster than 35kph without damaging my vehicle.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Speed cameras are illegal for a reason and we don't need to waste officer power because of a few road ragers blaming others of "speeding" when there is no such problem

• City of BarrieAdminCity of Barrie (Moderator, City of Barrie) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Speed cushions have proven to be an effective traffic calming measure and, as per the Traffic Calming Policy, the cost to install one (1) set of speed cushions is approximately $2,000 per roadway. For detailed information on traffic calming costs and studies, please refer to the policy under the Traffic Calming section at www.barrie.ca/traffic.

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree but reduce speed limits and install photo radar. This works in Edmonton.

Feedback and Knowledge Base